Whether you’re already running a business and wanting to scale up or you’re planning to start one or if you’re in an executive/ managerial role – this book is for you.
Ben Horowitz shares his journey and all kinds of insights he gathered in his entrepreneurial roller-coaster ride.
This book is a legit business book, that should technically be taught in schools and colleges – it’s a deep dive into the world of Entrepreneurship – everything from execution to scaling up to funding to handling your executive team to your employees to exiting and everything in between.
In all the books I’ve read until now – this is the best book you could read, when it comes to actually running a business.
Pick up this one, if you belong to any of three scenarios mentioned in the first paragraph – you won’t keep it down unless you’re done with it.
The irony of life! Don’t get me wrong, ideation and execution both are important! What differs is their importance in specific circumstances!
Life in the Entrepreneurial sector,
Execution > Ideas.
– Ideas come occasionally. That’s the easy part!
– The idea with the most potential, the idea you are most passionate about, to work day in and day out, should be your priority.
– Once you narrow it down, the execution is the difficult and important part of this process.
– I’ve heard this so many times, when someone had an idea, but didn’t execute it because of various reasons. If the idea is legit, you have to execute. You have to try it.
– Once you begin, you won’t stop.
Life in the Advertising sector,
Ideas > Execution
– On the other hand, in the advertising industry, the execution matters 100 per cent. Whether your campaign is a success or not, whether you’ve reached to your audience and whether they received the message, you were trying to send, matters.
– At the same time, the idea is more important. Out of all the ideas, the idea chosen has the potential to get more results.
– The potential everyone saw in the idea, and scrapped the others for it says it all, ideas > execution.
What’s the purpose behind this post?
・Be aware of the life you’re living, and how everyday learning is affecting your life.
・Ideas matter, period. Execution matters, period.
・Focus on what’s important and don’t procrastinate by blaming either for your faults.
Every organization’s success is because of its team and its efforts.
Google has been studying the workplace culture of successful companies and came up with the following pointers that make them successful!
If entrepreneurship is something that flows within you, then you wouldn’t want to do anything else; there is no backup.
There’s a certain aura of doing it on your own, no matter how small or big, that makes you want to do it even more. The vision, the passion, the energy, the struggles, the journey is so incredible; you just love it.
When you create your company, it becomes your baby, your child; you want to grow it, you want to nurture it and take care of it. The words may seem out of context, but it’s not, it’s the truth.
No matter how many backups you create, if entrepreneurship is within you, you’ll do whatever it takes, start ‘x’ number of companies until you make it, but you shall keep doing so. #Facts
We plan, strategise and create a social media plan for you, whether it’s your professional brand or your personal brand.
This plan usually occurs in two situations,
1. When the ideas are so intricate, you need someone constantly present to administer them. In such a scenario, the in-house hiring performs the daily execution.
2. When the client has a team to execute, but they lack the long-term planning and strategy needed to create an online brand.
This plan is a long, intricate, detailed map covering the brands’ footprints on every social media platform required for them, and how to execute at each of them.
With this system, the client will need someone to execute it and not play a role in anything else. Right from the kind of posts, the timings followed while posting, the hashtags to use, the plan comprises everything.
To inquire for more details, please drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll take it forward from there!
At every level of business, you need consistency at a certain level, before you move on to the next step.
Consistency is vital when it comes to running a business.
An entrepreneur would imagine a certain level of business growth for his business to run successfully; however, at the same time, one also needs to be consistent with their execution.
You might shoot for the stars, but you must first reach the roof of your building. #ConsistencyIsKey
Graduated in May 2015. Zazz Media started in December 2015. What happened in those six months?
The entrepreneurial spirit always existed within me. I knew; eventually, I’d build something – although, I didn’t possess the answers for the what, when and how.
Coming from our stressful education system, teaching us all but the same principles, those six tension-free months was a blessing! No responsibilities, no plans, no routine! Nothing valuable happened during that period. Although, in hindsight, I’m happy I took that decision because that brought me to where I am today!
Proceeding down this path gave me the push, the energy to accomplish something. That realisation was important!
It’s up to you, whether you’d like to take a break or not. However, remember this – If you can take a break, do it for yourself. Please don’t rush into decisions, because you got pressured into it. When that happens, you don’t make choices out of happiness.