Whether its the Star Wars universe, or the Marvel universe, or even films in general, only when you look closely do you realize the lessons that can be learnt beyond the fiction and the story.
And when it comes to Star Wars, and Master Yoda in particular, you already know that there’s wisdom in what he says.
Thinking about that, here are eight Yoda quotes that we can learn from and actually apply to our lives as well.
1. “If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will.”
– the dark path is easy to understand, easy to rely on because everyone else is at fault there and not you. When you condition yourself to thinking that, every thought of yours goes only in one direction – the dark side.
2. “Pass on what you have learned.”
– the best impact is created when you pass on your learning and your knowledge onto others, when you share your experience with others. They’re able to learn from your journey and implement it in their lives.
3. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering.”
– what we fear is what we don’t control, we don’t know the outcome of. That fear leads to anger, thus leading to the negative side of life, filling your life with hate and suffering.
4. “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.”
– that what you’re attached to is where your thoughts and feelings, and moreover your weaknesses lie. When you let go of it, you are now not dependent on anything else.
5. “You must unlearn what you have learned.”
– in order to grow, in order to learn, in order to move forward, you cannot learn anything new unless you unlearn the old. Understanding what affects you poorly and getting rid of it gives way to the new.
6. “Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.”
– every child at their age is carefree, thinking beyond what they’re told to do, reading between the lines, seeing the gray in black and white, until their mind becomes conditioned to what the rest of the society is. When we become that again, we are able to be ourselves, and be present in the moment too.
7. “Heeded my word not, did you? Pass on what you have learned – strength, mastery. But, weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is.”
– while the quote is similar to the previous one, that talks of teaching and this of failure, both spoken in two different scenarios, both having different meanings.
Whilst you should pass on your learnings ahead, you must not only share your successes and triumphs, but also your failures, because there lies the biggest lesssons that made you who you are. Those successes have come from failures, which we must not hide from.
8. “Do, or do not. There is no try”
– either you have set your mindset that you will do something or you have decided that you won’t do something. Anything else creates a doubt in your mind, which creates this hesitation of your decision. Be stern with what you decide and then stick with it.
There are tons of lessons to learn from Yoda and from the Star Wars universe too, but these were worthy of a highlight according to me, which we can focus on, for now.
Subscribe here to read these blogs on your mail.