I think it’s essential to start the day with a proper breakfast.
Before I answer the ‘Why?’, all of those ‘breakfast-skippers‘ should make a resolution, to start the day only when you’ve had breakfast – and then begin with the rest of your daily activities.
It takes a sheer determination to initiate this habit, and if you’re not, then it’s just the excuses you’re making to avoid it.
Here’s the ‘Why’ –
- It provides the fuel in your body – which in turn improves your concentration and productivity for the day.
- Eating a nutritious breakfast keeps you in check – physically and mentally.
- It sets the right appetite for the day, when you’ve eaten the proper meals, then you don’t tend to rely on junk food since you’ll feel the hunger at the appropriate times only.
- Keeping your body hungry until lunch also changes your moods and behaviour – makes you short-tempered at times.
- If you’re skipping breakfast to lose weight, then this concerns you – “You are trying to lose weight since months, but the weighing scale hasn’t budged even one mark backwards. Why? It’s because your body metabolism is going down instead of increasing. Staying hungry doesn’t make you lose. Eating healthy makes it possible.”
All stats aside, breakfasts are the best, aesthetically delectable. How can one miss the joy of parathas, sandwiches, omelettes, pancakes, waffles, milkshakes? It’s the best of the best.
Without a doubt, once you set your mind and form the habit, then you will never say the line – “I didn’t have time for breakfast.” It’s an excuse – which will surely have a long-term impact, if not short-term. Think about 10/20/30 years down the line, and make that decision right now.